The Rotary Leadership Institute is a grassroots Rotary information and development programme using facilitation in small groups to engage Rotarians and strengthen clubs.
Last year sessions were held in Hobart and Deloraine. The feedback from all participants was extremely positive.
Youth Exchange and shared experiences at our meetings.
Rotary channels our commitment to service at home and abroad through five Avenues of Service, which are the foundation of club activity. Leadership of a club, committee or community project will benefit from this training.
- Club Service focuses on making clubs strong. A thriving club is anchored by strong relationships and an active membership development plan.
- Vocational Service calls on every Rotarian to work with integrity and contribute their expertise to the problems and needs of society..
- Community Service encourages every Rotarian to find ways to improve the quality of life for people in their communities and to serve the public interest.
- International Service exemplifies our global reach in promoting peace and understanding. We support this service avenue by sponsoring or volunteering on international projects, seeking partners abroad, and more.
- Youth Service recognizes the importance of empowering youth and young professionals through leadership development programs.
The Rotary Leadership Institute provides an educational opportunity for clubs.
Rotary needs a constant influx of leaders as club officers, since they mostly change every year. It is often difficult at the club level to learn enough about the exciting world of Rotary and it is also important to remember that leadership skills in volunteer organisations are often different from business leadership skills.
The Rotary Leadership Institute, through ‘Building Future Leaders’ can help
with both, through learning:
- more about the what/where/who/why of Rotary
- where they fit in the Rotary world
- about developing their leadership skills
- how to develop projects, local and international
- how to bring about change
- about being a part of the future of Rotary
‘Building Future Leaders’ is an outstanding opportunity for each club to improve the Rotary knowledge of its key people and to be exposed to new ideas of leadership. The exchange of ideas with other Rotarians alone makes the program extremely worthwhile.
Each session has a maximum of 16 participants which will give every participant the
best opportunity to gain from and contribute to the total learning process. The course
is comprised of 3 one-day modules led by experienced Rotarian facilitators and there
are no fees applicable.
2016 – 2017 Programme
North/NW – 9th October, 2016 – Rotary Pavilion, Alveston Drive, Deloraine
North/NW – 29th October, 2016 – Rotary Pavilion, Alveston Drive, Deloraine
South – 30th October, 2016 – Harold Gregg Centre, 1 Southerwood Drive, Lower
North/NW – 25th February, 2017 – Rotary Pavilion, Alveston Drive, Deloraine
South – 26th February, 2017 – Venue TBC
Download overview (pdf)
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Ken Moore email@example.com 0418 444 034
Updated 30 August 2016